Mapre is a utility for any kind of Mudder or for the interactive fiction enthusiast
Version: 0.6.7Mapre is a utility for any kind of Mudder or for the interactive fiction enthusiast.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Mapre allows you to create maps of your MU* areas with ease.
You will find it a handy utility whether you are a player and wish to have a map to help you find your way around, or if you are a developer and you are creating an area from scratch.
Here are some key features of "Mapre":
· Customize your key bindings
· Multiple map editing
· Save and reopen maps
· Export to TIFF or PDF images
· A room inspector supporting plugins for further map customization
· Support for room data and data export plugins
· A plugin draw order controller to help in navigating your map
You can also set:
· Room size
· Background, room and border colors.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixes to open/save capabilities. Version 0.6.6 did not save properly. Users of 0.6.6 are highly encouraged to upgrade to take advantage of document saving capabilities. Thank to all who sent in bug reports.
· Multi level maps are now supported. Adding a room by traversing up or down will add a new map level if needed and bring that map level forward for viewing. You can also open the new map level drawer by selecting "Map Levels" from the Tools menu, click on a level to bring it forward or use the up/down buttons.
· New "Move" menu to navigate and add rooms via menu item rather than directional key entry.
· Hold the control key when pressing a direction key to toggle the exit in that direction rather than moving in that direction. Thanks to Jeff Ubersax for this suggestion.
· Enabled Mirror and Rotate capabilites, find them under the Tools menu.
· Removed Map Settings sheet, replaced with additional inspector views. You can now find default room color and room size in the room inspector window.
· Minimum room size is now 16 instead of 32 (Jeff Ubersax).