McTools-lite contains some of the most common used applications from the McTools series.
Version: 961116McTools-lite package contains the following most common used applications from the McTools series:
Operating System: Linux
· xplaycd - Small but powerful audio cdplayer with play-lists and database (xmdb-compatible) support
· xmdb - Database editor for xplaycd
· xmixer - Program to control the various volume settings of your soundcard
· xgetfile - File dialog suitable for writing shell-scripts.
· Other, less common used programs, like XG3 (fax-viewer) and XGal (GAL development system) can be found on the original web site.
It needs the McTools library. If you don't see a directory named McTools or no files named `config-dist.h' or `build', you will have to get and unpack the appropriate McTools-xxxxxx.tar.gz file first.
All subdirectories in this directory which begin with a capital letter contain some McTools-based X-software. To learn more about those programs, see the appropriate README.xxx file.
To build and install do this:
1) Copy config-dist.h to config.h and edit it to reflect your preferences.
2) type ./build all to compile everything.
type ./build < dir > to compile programs in dir < dir >.
3) type ./build install to install everything as specified in config.h.
type ./build install < dir > to install programs in dir < dir >.
Type ./build --help to see more options.
What's New in This Release:
· XMixer now tries to stay backwards compatible to older USS versions
· XMixer will display PAS16 special buttons only if card present.
· XMixer got an option to hide the exit button.