mCube is a digital music manager.
Version: 0.2mCube Music Manager project is a digital music manager. The target is to let user manage and choose music to listen with the comfort and feeling of browsing physical compact disc and with the power of computer aided search, sort and categorization.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "mCube Music Manager":
· Folders synchronization: add a folder to mCube Library and you never need to worry about it anymore.
· Tagging System allows to build a categorization that evolves with the library and with user needs. Tag Cosmos allow you to navigate through your tags easily
· Many different Views for displaying Artists, Albums, Tracks or your Compilations. You can build your own page with the view you like in the way you like.
· Quick search box to filter all library a la iTunes/Firefox/Thunderbird
· Edit Album Information and automatically update file tag
· Easy filter for different album types (Live, Sountrack...) and support for multiple CDs albums
· Export selected songs or albums to an external folder: you'll never need to use File Managers anymore!
· Play songs or albums with default system player.
· mCube is open source and, of course, free!
· Java 1.4.2 or later
What's New in This Release:
Major new stuffs:
· lots of improvements in song data retrieval from file name (where there is no ID3Tag)
· Album View now has a toolbar that let's you quickly filter different kind of albums (Live, Soundtrack, Single...)
· Tracks View now has a toolbar for multiple CD albums
· Improved support for external player: now a config.xml file in /mcube/extensions/externalPlayer let's you configure the enqueue command for your preferred player application.
· Added commands to edit Albums data in AlbumView?
· Added a Info View with additional album informations, Winamp control support and a random album chooser button.
· Long operations (load, save, scan, clean) now works in background and does not freeze GUI
Minor new stuffs:
· Now mcube allow you to add a folder that is already under its control: in this case, mcube simply update information from that folder (and does not modify the date when those files where added the first time).
· Album View has a new GUI and let you customize your view.
· Album View has two different default sort that are more useful: by album release year when you select just one Artist, by date added (to the Library) when all albums are displayed.
· press a lettere and Views are centered on the first element that starts with that letter
· Keyboard navigation system (TAB and ESC keys)
· Library is now saved periodically and only if it has been modified
· "Clean missing files" command now deletes empty folders
· Some improvements in Libraries managament GUI
Under the hood
· switch to trionus/JavaLayer?/MP3SPI to read mp3 tag
· Glazed Lists API, used to manage dynamic lists, is MUCH faster now