Investigate the quality and performance of computer monitors and LCD flat panel screens using a series of test patterns displayed at various resolutions.
Version: 4.0Investigate the quality and performance of computer monitors and LCD flat panel screens using a series of test patterns displayed at various resolutions.
License: Free To Try $35.00
Operating System: Windows
Supporting multiple monitors testing simultaneously, and support for all display types (LCD, CRT, Plasma, etc). Looped testing allows to continually test your monitors and scripted testing provides users with different test patterns with different resolutions and test length.
MonitorTest Version 4.0 includes new features:
- Changed MonitorTest main interface to a more modern style
- Redesigned MonitorTest application logo to bring it out of the dark ages
- Support for collecting monitor information from Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) data structure directly from the monitor. EDID includes interesting data like manufacturer name, serial number, timings and display size.
- Fixed the performance issue of the Moire Interference test rendering slowly on high DPI monitors
- Fixed Single Touch screen test drawing and removing the red lines slowly. The test should be much more response now.
- Added High Dynamic Range (HDR) and bit depth detection
- Added HDR test for Windows 10. HDR compatible monitor and graphics card are also required.
- Updated to show more information about video adapter
- Converted internal code from ANSI single byte application to Unicode, which allow for foreign languages to be used
- Support for multiple languages in the user interface, including English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional and Korean
- Minimum O/S requirement is now Windows 7. XP & Vista are no longer supported.
- An install to USB option was added in the user interface.
- Updates to the help file64
- bit executable is also included (MonitorTest64.exe) into the Program File folder. Most people won't need this unless they are running WinPE however.
Version 4.0: Made some changes to work correctly in high DPI mode in Windows 8 Fixed a bug where the "show screen details" option wasn't working
Version 3.1: Features new tests for touch screen monitors and integration with the next release of BurnInTest.
Version 3.0.1002: Fixed bug causing looping to not work in trial mode.
Version 3.0.1000: Vista compatibility; Simultaneous multiple monitor testing; Scripting support for running test screens in a cycle with options for different resolution, colour depth, refresh and time; 4 new test patterns ; New option to show video display mode details during the test; Improved UI.