motion is a motion detector for video4linux devices.
Version: 3.2.9Motion is a program that monitors the video signal from one or more cameras and is able to detect if a significant part of the picture has changed. Or in other words, it can detect motion.
Operating System: Linux
The program is written in C and is made for the Linux operating system.
Motion is a command line based tool. It has absolutely no graphical user interface. Everything is setup either via the command line or via a set of configuration files (simple ASCII files that can be edited by any ASCII editor).
The output from motion can be:
· jpg files
· ppm format files
· mpeg video sequences
Here are some key features of "motion":
· Taking snapshots of movement
· Watch multiple video devices at the same time
· Watch multiple inputs on one capture card at the same time
· Live streaming webcam (using multipart/x-mixed-replace)
· Real time creation of mpeg movies using libavcodec from ffmpeg
· Take automated snapshots on regular intervals
· Take automated snapshots at irregular intervals using cron
· Sending an e-mail when detecting movement
· Sending a SMS message when detecting movement
· Execute external commands when detecting movement
· Motion tracking
· Feed events to an MySQL or PostgreSQL database.
· Feed video back to a video4linux loopback for real time viewing
· Web interface using Motion Related Projects such as motion.cgi, Kenneths Webcam Package, Kevins Webpage, X-Motion and many more.
· User configurable and user defined on screen display.
· Control via xml-rpc - small control binary to control motion while running
· Automatic noise and threshold control
· Ability to control the pan/tilt of a Logitech Sphere (or Orbit) camera
· Highly configurable display of text on images.
· High configurable definition of path and file names of the stored images and films.
What's New in This Release:
* Removed debian ( to avoid conflicts with debian package) and FreeBSD
( no needed to deploy BSD port here ) directories. ( Angel Carpintero )
* Added --chuid motion to debian init.d script. ( Angel Carpintero )
* Added Flash video format (FLV) to ffmpeg.
http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/FeatureRequest2007x07x19x131921 (Timo Taskinen).
* Added FFV1 ( FF video codec 1 ) codec , Lossless encoding
http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/LosslessEncoding (Andrew Hamilton).
* Fix segfault in webhttpd.c on motion restart (Angel Carpintero)
* Fix segfault in debian http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/BugReport2007x09x24x175945
* Fix http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=391055 , change
motion man page , -d requieres level. (Angel Carpintero)
* Handle mjpeg decoding and fix color issue adding mjpegtools dependecy
(Marius Rieder, Angel Carpintero).
* Add debug level > 5 to get logs from v4l2_select_input, v4l2_set_control and v4l2_set_input.
* Fix process_id_file when is passed from command line (Angel Carpitero)