Informs you about new/unread messages with your mouse's IM-led.
Version: 0.5MX610-notification for Pidgin informs you about new/unread messages with your mouse's IM-led and raises the conversation window with a press of the IM-button.
Operating System: Linux
There are four types of notifications:
- Normal - Lights continuously, fade in and out
- Pulse - Pulsing, fades in and out continuously
- Flash - Flashing
- Instant on/off - Lights continuously, doesn't fade
You must have hiddev-support enabled in your kernel, and read-write-permissions for the user running Pidgin to that hiddev-devicefile for this plugin to work. Latest version works with Pidgin 2.*.*.
Thanks to Brad Hards for great job hacking the mouse and sharing us the information he found out.
* Unpack the package and move to the created directory
* Edit Makefile (Shouldn't be necessary)
* make install installs plugin to per-user ~/.purple/plugins -directory
If you want to install plugin system-wide for all users, just copy mx610-notification.so to /usr/lib/pidgin or /usr/lib64/pidgin, depending on your distro.
And yes, this only works with Linux.