ncutil - directly edit your Configuration Set plist files
Version: 3.1.2The ncutil project is an open source initiative to provide a method to directly edit the following parts of the SystemConfiguration framework of the Darwin OS:
Operating System: Mac OS X
· Dynamic network configuration: the user can modify parameters on-the-fly and the changes are noted without a restart of the entire OS.
· Configuration sets: the user can create multiple sets of parameters, termed "locations," which may be activated dynamically
· Centrally-defined, XML storage form: all parameters are stored in a central plist file; the multitude of files in /etc need not be modified.
What's New in This Release:
· ersion 3.1.2 fixes a glitch that existed when removing locations: the services for a location were not being removed from the preference store.
· This update also attempts to resolve some weird issues on Intel-based Macs.