NESRomTool - Extract graphics from Nintendo ROM files
Version: 0.61NESRomTool is a commandline utility for extraction and injection of graphics and program data (executable code) for Nintendo ROM files (.nes).
Operating System: Mac OS X
In its current form, it is console only, but since the project contains some utility functions in a header, one could easily build a GUI wrapper for it. I'm currently in the planning stages for a full OSX-based GUI which will have some extra features not available in any other editors of its type on any platform. Anyone interested in creating a Windows, X, Classic MacOS, BeOS, or other GUI is welcome to join the project.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed a typo in the usage output.
· Added previewing compound sprites in the terminal.
· Added previewing strips of sprites in the terminal.
· Added verbose mode (-V). NOTE: that's a capital V. (not 100% implemented)
· Added preliminary code for extracting sprites from PRG banks.
· Added sprite strip injection.