net-acct logs network traffic.
Version: 0.7net-acct logs network traffic. It provides a daemon (nacctd) that logs all traffic passing through the machine it runs on. Capability is provided to associate traffic to slip/ppp users if you run a slip/ppp server.
Operating System: Linux
You should use this because:
You are providing IP to customers and want to charge them based on the traffic they generate.
You are a statistics freak and want to see how much of your network traffic is for NetNews, FTP, WWW etc.
What's New in This Release:
· revised docs and Makefile slightly (added -O2 etc)
· increased default hash table size and improved algorithm
· added ICMP masquerading and masq bug fixes
· fixed bug with multiple notdev definitions in naccttab
· added PLIP header entry to naccttab.sample
· fixed disable entry in naccttab from field 8 to 7 for 0.5 compatibility
· fixed problem with promisc devices not being reinitialized on SIGHUP