Network Tracker is a user (MAC) tracker daemon, for big LANs (campus).
Version: 0.5Network Tracker application is a user (MAC) tracker daemon, for big LANs (campus).
Operating System: Linux
The Network Trackerd builds a table which records which user is connected on which port of a switch by scanning the devices with SNMP in your inventory which is in a MySQL database. Trackerd keeps that table up-to-date by scanning the network regularly.
Thus, you will have the opportunity to know exactly where a user (MAC, IP, UID) is connected on your network !
Your devices are also checked with ping and SNMP, and you are informed with e-mail when any of the devices is not alive.
More over, you may produce various reports about your network infrastructure on the web (cgi) or by using other tools.
Network tracker eases especially to find and shutdown the switch port of the users, when their PCs on the network start to spread viruses or warms using lots of bandwith; so you are able to stop that kind harmfull traffic on the network.
Here are some key features of "Network Tracker":
· Collects all the MAC addresses and port numbers from CAM tables of the switches.
· Finds IP addresses of the MACs from ARP tables of the routers.
· Finds LDAP uid of the user.
· Check devices on the network with both ping and SNMP for better reliability.
· The daemon sends 2 self check e-mail per day.
· Developped with C.
What's New in This Release:
· trackerd is now multi-threaded and works very quickly because a new thread is created for each network device.
· MAC tracking code has been reimplemented for multi-threaded use.
· Wireless access point support has been added.
· gnuplot graphics are prepared, showing the active number of users like MRTG graphs.
· tracker now accepts MAC addresses in free format.