Newsmail was created to allow easy news publication to one or more sites.
Version: 0.7Newsmail was created to allow easy news publication to one or more sites, using email messages to insert, delete, and manage news.
Operating System: Linux
It is a simple PHP news ticker that allows you to publish news via email. Newsmail can generate RSS feeds for news matching a given category.
Here are some key features of "Newsmail":
· import plain text or HTML email messages with or without attachments, and with or without Markdown syntax.
· store messages in database (currently Postgresql and MySQL are supported, but the PHP code uses Pear::DB abstraction) and attachments in filesystem.
· request a confirmation message before publishing or deleting news.
· require an approvation from a moderator before publishing or deleting news.
· answer to some administration commands directly via email (e.g. news listing, news delete and update).
· generate an RSS feed with news matching a particular category or with category equal to 'all'
What's New in This Release:
· A small improvement was made to the install instructions.
· An approval option was added, which requires BCC_ADDRESS approval for inserting and deleting messages.
· The approval process uses a randomly generated token password to improve security.
· The database structure was changed to use a token for approval security.
· The MySQL table definition was improved to use INNODB.