NJStar Japanese Word Processor reads, writes, edits and prints Japanese text on normal English or western Windows. It also includes a powerful English-Japanese / Japanese-English bi-directional dictionary for instant dictionary lookup.
Version: 6.10NJStar Japanese WP Version 6 is a major new release with all modules based on Unicode.
License: Free To Try $99.00
Operating System: Windows
This version supports Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1, Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012.
- Animate and practice Stroke order, insert/print Stroke order sequences.
- Built-in 220,000-entry Japanese Multilingual (English/French/German etc...) dictionary for easy lookup.
- Popup dictionary with annotations for main window text and inputbar input candidates.
- Use Kanji of the day as flashcards to review vocabularies at different levels.
- Find out the readings and meanings of uncommonly used Kanji characters using Radical Lookup.
- Sort Japanese text based on Kana, Radical or number of Strokes.
- List and count the unique Kanji used in the document and sort the list in order.
- Compare two documents to highlight the difference in colors, useful for marking student's work.
- Read from and Save to Microsoft RTF and DOCX Office file formats.
- Open/Save/Copy/Paste Japanese text in all encodings such as UTF8 and EUC/ShiftJIS/NewJIS codes
- Insert pictures of all formats (JPG,GIF,PNG,BMP,TIF,EMF,WMF)
- Ability to open a new document with different pre-defined styles and templates.
- NJStar comes with 10 built-in Japanese Input Methods to suit all needs.
- Improved KanaKanji/Romaji input method - No need to capitalize first Romaji for Kanji
- Track, accept, reject or hide document changes.
- New Format Painter, Color Marker, Stylesheet, Inline, in frame and background picture.
- Ability to adjust spacing between characters, lines and paragraphs.
- Spelling check with English, French, German, Italian, etc..
- Backward compatible with NJStar WP version 4 and 5 file formats.
- Additional fonts for Pro and Ultimate editions, up to 20 NJStar OpenType Japanese fonts.
- Tab based multi-theme, multi-document, Customizable user interface.
- Multilingual User Interface with English, French and Japanese.
- Built-in automatic update checker.
Version 6.10: Major new release based on Unicode, supports Windows 7/8/8.1.
Version 5.30: Windows Vista/7 Compatibility.
Version 5.20: Dictionary translation and Japanese teaching functions.