Keep written notes along with an audio recording to fully document any event. Easily transcribe the recording for a complete written record of the event. Search feature allows you to search all records for a specific word or phrase.
Version: 1.7Note Recorder is a tool to simultaneously take written notes while recording a lecture, meeting or interview.
License: Free To Try $24.95
Operating System: Windows
Keeping written notes along with an audio recording allows you to fully document any event. You can also transcribe the recording for a complete written record of the event. Search feature allows you to search all records for a specific word or phrase.
In addition to typed notes, you can also create freehand notes and drawings.
Here are a few of the features of Note Recorder:
- Integrated recorder lets you record lectures or meetings and take written notes at the same time.
- Automatically tracks the cursor position during recording. During playback the text is highlighted to show you where you were in the written notes at that point in the recording.
- Keeps typed notes organized and searchable. You can search all notes, or limit the search to a particular category, speaker, subject or date range.
- You can set "flags" during either recording or playback to mark important points in the recording.
- Transcription mode plays the recorded audio in short segments to allow you to catch up while typing.
- In addition to typed notes, you can also create freehand notes and drawings.
- Full-featured text editor. Text format is compatible with Microsoft Word.
- You can create categories to store your notes in to help keep them organized.
Note Recorder is designed for laptop and notebook computers with a screen resolution of 1366x768 or greater.
Use on a portable computer is necessary if the program is to be used in a class or meeting room.
Note: For recording notes, you will also need a non-noise canceling condenser microphone.
Version 1.7: When recording lectures you now have a choice in audio inputs. You can select either 'Microphone' or 'Speaker Audio'. You can now add a new category while creating a note rather than having to create it ahead of time on the options form. Other small improvements and bug fixes.