The NTP Time Server Monitor lets the user configure and control a local NTP service with a userfriendly graphical user interface. Secondary the current status of the local NTP services, as well as external NTP services, can be displayed.
Version: 1.04The NTP Time Server Monitor software allows the user to control and configure the NTP service for Windows with a userfriendly graphical user interface.
Operating System: Windows
Additionally it eases the handling with the NTP service.
Here is a small list of the abilities and features this tool offers:
- Switch easily between different configuration (ntp.conf files). This is perfectly usable if different configuration must be tested, or to switch between testing and operating mode.
- Change the service settings without the need to open the device manager each time.
- Extract the NTP related application log entries and display them separately in a table. The user can filter the entries by categories.
- Display the current status of the running NTP service. In fact it is a graphical output of the command "ntpq
- p". Additionally the current offset, stratum value and the selected synchronization source is displayed in a status string. The status is automatically refreshed. The user can select the refresh interval.
- The user can configure external NTP servers, which are also queried by the NTP Time Server Monitor and the status is also displayed. The configuration file of the ntp service (ntp.conf) can be edited within this program. So it is no longer necessary to search for the right file in the possible locations within the Windows or NTP directory. If changes are made the program is asking if the service shall be restarted.
- The NTP Time Server Monitor is able to read the system variables and association vars of the service and displays them in a textbox for analyzing.
- Statistic: The generated loopstats files can be shown in a graphical component. The period of logging, the number of entries, the start and stop time and the minimum and maximum values of the offset and frequency are extracted and displayed.
Version 0.9d: Fehler beim Start unter Windows NT behoben