Menu Generator for OpenBox
Version: 0.3OpenBox Menu Generator is a flexible, easy to use and (really) fast static/dinamic menu generator for the Openbox window manager. The 'dinamic menu generation' feature allows you to set it up once and to have an always up-to-date menu content.
Operating System: Linux
sudo cp ./bin/obmenugen /usr/bin/
FIRST TIME CONFIG
- Run obmenugen once, with or without parameters. I recommend 'obmenugen -p', (dinamically generated menu using OpenBox pipe menus) because you won't have to call it again, neither when touch obmenugen configuration or when install/uninstall apps. This step is because obmenugen creates all the config files/dirs (even OpenBox's) if it don't found it.
- Edit ~/.config/obmenugen/obmenugen.cfg
- If you run it the first time with the params you want, just "openbox --reconfigure", else, run it the way you want, then reconfigure.
- Now you have your menu in Openbox.
- Note: This is the same approach to follow if yo get wrong with something.
- Note2: If you cause an irreparable damage to any obmenugen config file, just remove it (the damaged file) and follow "FIRST TIME CONFIG" steps.