Setting up databases for use with OpenInteract2
Version: 1.99_06OpenInteract2::Manual::AdminDatabase is a Perl module to setup databases for use with OpenInteract2.
License: Perl Artistic License
Operating System: Linux
OpenInteract2 is designed to work with one or more relational database systems (RDBMS). Thanks to SPOPS, it can be flexible about which one it uses. But you still need to do some initial setup work to ensure your database is prepared.
This document describes the different procedures necessary to use OpenInteract2 with the databases it supports. It does not cover setting up the various RDBMS packages themselves and assumes you have a database server up and running.
In the discussion below we use a few variables. These will, of course, depend on your DBMS.
- $ADMINUSER: A user with sufficient administrative rights to create a database
- $ADMINPASSWORD: The password for $ADMINUSER
- $DBNAME: The name you give your database.
- $WEBUSER: The user that is going to access this database via OpenInteract. This user must be able to create and drop tables as well as modify data within those tables.
- $WEBPASSWORD: The password for $WEBUSER
The following also assumes that the command-line utilities executed (e.g., 'mysql', 'psql', 'isql') are installed and on your PATH. If not, setup your PATH so they're accessible for executing or ask your friendly local DBA to do this for you.