Orbitals runs at 35 frames per second even on a standard iMac, and provides high graphics qualit
Version: 1.0Yes, your teacher in school was definitely wrong when he said the electron was moving on a circle around the core. You've probably heard that light can be a wave or a particle. Electrons behave quite similarly. Quantum Mecanics is the theory which describes this wave-phenomena. Because the math behind the calculation of these orbital waves is tough, we need the computer to visualize this beautiful objects.
License: Free To Try $20.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
Orbitals is completely real-time and interactive. It runs at 35 frames per second even on a standard iMac, and provides high graphics quality. Users can directly interact with the object they are watching. This means real-time mouse-rotating, changing quantum numbers, zoom and more. With all this features, Orbitals is still a very easy-to-use tool.
Here are some key features of "Orbitals":
· Visualizes all possible wave functions up to n=40
· Lets you zoom and rotate the orbitals in real-time with the mouse
· Calculates superpositions of up to 15 orbitals
· Visualizes 'Hybridization' and atoms with more than one electron
· Powerful 3D and slice view
· Open and save your own orbitals