Ortograf - Play Scrabble against your Mac or among friends
Version: 1.2Play Scrabble on your Mac... Play against the computer or among friends. Ortograf has several game options and an integrated dictionary of all valid Scrabble words. Easy to use and challenging, it will give you hours of fun.
License: Free To Try $20.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
One by one, each player opens his rack window and place his letters on the board to form a word. When the rack window is closed, points are automatically count, and the next player can play his turn.
On each turn, all players have the same letters on their racks. On their turn, they place their word on the board, and it is taken off for the next player. When every body played, only the word that counts for the most points stays on the board. Each player keeps his points.
Similar to a Duplicate game, with the exception that player's racks contain a blank letter on each turn. Once the winning word is placed, the blank will go back to the player's rack if the corresponding letter is available in the bag. If the blank is not played, it stays on the rack.
Similar to a Duplicate game, with the exception that the racks contain letters allowing a 7 letter word (or more). It is then possible on each turn to place all letters and get the 50 points bonus.
The computer can play 4 different levels :
· "Mac the beginner", that plays at 70% of its capacity.
· "Mac the intermediate", that plays at 80% of its capacity.
· "Mac the expert", that plays at 95% of its capacity.
· "Mac the champ", that plays its maximum capacity.
· Half of the tiles are removed from of the bag before each game.
· You cannot save or open a game.
· The computer can only play in beginner's mode.
· Duplicate, Belgian or Prepared games will end after 4 moves.