Overnet is the distributed search network that the donkey uses to find files.
Version: 0.53.3Overnet is the distributed search network that the donkey uses to find files. It was a standalone application but we have now EDonkey and overnet are the same application.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "Overnet":
· Elegant easy to use interface
· International versions. Now available in many languages
· Share and Download any type of file.
· Downloads are automatically continued from session to session.
· Completely distributed and self organizing network. No central servers.
· Horde Anti-leeching system (see side bar)
· Multiple source downloads. Download a file from several different users at once.
· Network wide searches (see side bar)
· Support for other download protocols such as http and bittorrent
· Private messaging
· Simultaneous uploading and downloading of the same file. Providing the fastest distribution of files possible.
· Dynamic ports. eDonkey can be configured to run over any port.
· Plugin System
· ed2k links. You can embed links in webpages that will initiate downloads within eDonkey.
· Statistics. Keep track of how much your client is sending and receiving
· Multiple search tab interface
· Automatic fake file detection
· Catalogs. Allow you to verify content before you download it. They are like distributed web pages.
What's New in This Release:
· Create all new files in 00644 mode (no need to make them executable)