Driver for USB Wireless LAN adapter based on the Atmel AT76C503/505A chipsets.
Version: 1.6Driver for USB Wireless LAN adapter based on the Atmel AT76C503/505A chipsets. Well matched to popular Micronet SP907BB adapters. It has less problems and better results than known atmelwlan driver from sourceforge.net.
Operating System: Linux
Currently, the driver has some limitations:
no promiscous, monitor or station mode and no support for libpcap, i.e. it does not work with Kismet or Airsnort and it cannot act as an WLAN access point. This is a restriction imposed by the currently firmware
The firmware for Intersil radios is old (Atmel doesn't update it anymore) and has more restrictions. See the chipsets page for more information.
Support for 2.6.x kernels is now in main tree (versions 0.13+).
It has been tested with the usb host controller drivers usb-uhci, uhci and usb-ohci. It also works with more than one adapter on one
What's New in This Release:
· added switch to cope with Intersil firmware 0.84.0 which does not send FCS in rx data
· new module at76c503-rfmd-acc.o for SMC2664W, which got RMFD radio, but need a special firmware (Accton OEM products).
· added regulatory domains MKK1 and Israel
· added rudimentary ethtool support for SuSE's future hotplug
· added nickname ioctl for iwconfig
· added test of valid channel in reg. domain
· added big endian patch (by Kevin Cernekee), changed defines in ieee802_11.h
· supress unsupported iwconfig modes (monitor, master) - patch by Pavel Roskin