p30x is a Linux LiveCD or USB that you can take wherever you go.
Version: 08.1p30x is a Linux LiveCD or USB that you can take wherever you go.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "p30x":
· Linux kernel 188.8.131.52
· apache 2.2.4 mysql 5.0.37 and php 5.2.3 (you can test your projects offline)
· proftpd 1.3.0a
· samba 3.0.25b
· ntfs-3g driver in order to write on ntfs partitions
· gparted 0.3.3 partition editor application
· partimage 0.6.5 in order to save your partitions
· the good old kde 3.5.7 before the revolution 4.x
· ...and a lot more
Create p30x CD
Download p30x ISO file, start your burning software and run "burn image" or "burn CD ISO image".
Restart your computer with boot from CD.
Create p30x USB key
Copy the content of the cd to your USB device and run ./boot/bootinst.sh (from the device) to setup boot sector.
Restart your computer with boot from USB.
Boot parameters in order to modify boot process
when p30x boot you can change these values with tab key
passwd=somepass (x03p default)
passwd=ask (ask for password during the boot)
(set root's password)
(copy p30x to RAM. You'll need at least 1Gb of RAM)
(store all changes to /dev/device)
(load optional modules from /optional/ directory)
(disable loading of any modules specified)
(skip desired hardware detection in the case of hangups)