Package DataBase View is a report tool for package systems like RPM and dpkg.
Version: 2.0.10Pdbv output a HTML view of a RPM or dpkg database. Its modular design allows easy addition of others package management database and export format (as xml).
Operating System: Linux
The 1.x.x series are in Bash, the 2.x.x series are in Perl. Obviously, the output generation with 1.x.x is a lot slower than with the 2.x.x. While with the 1.x.x it should run on a daily basis, with the 2.x.x it should run on a hourly basis.
Here are some key features of "Package DataBase View":
· it does not require lucid/gtk+/qt or other big libs.
· it does not require a web server - but it can be used with a web server, as any
· other html files.
· it does not require a X server running, you can use a text mode browser that support
· frames as links.
· it does not require special privileges to access to the output. But access can
· be restricted by using chmod/chown (filesystem) or .htaccess (apache).
· since output is generated by a cronjob, access to the output is as fast as your
· computer is able to read/serve text files.