ParallelKnoppix is a remastered edition of Knoppix.
Version: 2.8ParallelKnoppix is a remaster of the Knoppix live CD distibution of GNU Linux that allows setting up a cluster of machines for parallel processing using the LAM-MPI and/or MPICH implementations of MPI.
Operating System: Linux
You can convert a room full of machines running Windows into a Linux cluster, and when you shut down, your Windows machines are in their original state. The computers in the cluster can be homogeneous or heterogeneous.
Getting the cluster up and running takes about 5 minutes, if the machines have PXE network cards. Clusters from 2 to 200 machines are supported.
What's New in This Release:
· v2.8 (64-bit only, use v2.7.1 for 32 -it CPUs);
· /home and /root are NFS exported, which makes it possible to add users;
· advanced users can mount a storage device at /home, for increased space and to save work between sessions;
· Linux kernel 188.8.131.52;
· Open MPI 1.2.4, Octave 2.9.14, SciPy 0.60, NumPy 184.108.40.206, Parallel Python 2.5rc, KDE 3.5.8;
· Cloop 2.0622 (thanks Klaus Knopper);
· Aufs cvs 17-10-07.