Parallels Server is a powerful and easy-to-use bare metal hypervisor virtualization solution.
Version: 3.0.1873.50919 BetaParallels Server is a powerful and easy-to-use bare metal hypervisor virtualization solution that provides the best value for cost conscious organizations seeking to consolidate and optimize their IT infrastructures.
License: Free To Try
Operating System: Linux
Built on Parallels' bare metal hypervisor architecture and award-winning virtualization technology, Parallels Server enables organizations to:
· Standardize server hardware platforms
· Effectively consolidate server resources
· Consolidate and support legacy OSes and applications
· Streamline server and application deployment, maintenance and management
· Simplify software testing and development
· Optimize server and application availability
A hardware-ready solution, Parallels Server bare metal architecture provides a solution for organizations to leverage for installation on existing or "white box" servers without OSes installed. This solution offering provides organization with a cost-effective solution option without the additional OS software requirements, while providing optimal performance without the additional overhead imposed by the OSes.
The Parallels Server software can also be deployed on the Linux and Windows platforms, for installation on servers that are already installed with supported versions of the Windows and Linux operating systems, respectively.
Parallels Server is a cross-platform solution that enables organizations of all sizes, particularly Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) that have fewer resources, to seamlessly standardize on the platform of their choice and to integrate into existing IT infrastructures. Parallels Server is designed to optimize performance of virtualized systems and applications. Parallels Server provides cost-effective approaches to protect data and reduce the costs and complexities of IT infrastructures.
Here are some key features of "Parallels Server":
· Bare metal hypervisor architecture
· Support for hardware-assisted acceleration extensions such as Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT-x) and AMD-V
· 64- and 32-bit platform and guest OS support
· 4-way guest SMP and multi-core support
· Integrated toolset includes Parallels Tools, Parallels Image Tool and Parallels Transporter (P2V and V2V migration tool)
· Parallels Management Console, a GUI-based multi-server management tool
· Open APIs and SDK for extensible management
· Command line interface (CLI), scripting (including Python)
Parallels Server is a hardware optimized bare metal hypervisor solution for server virtualization that delivers performance, reliability, and flexibility.
· Bare Metal architecture solution for non-OS server implementation
· Can be deployed on the Windows and Linux platforms for servers with pre-installed OSes
· A hardware-optimized, hypervisor-based server virtualization solution with support for Intel VT-x and AMD-V hardware acceleration technologies
· Experimental support for Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (Intel VT-d) for hardware resources assignment and dedication on Windows
· 32- and 64-bit platform and broad guest OS support
· 4-way guest SMP and multi-core CPU support
· Unlimited host memory support
· Supports up to 8 GB RAM guest memory
· Clustered filesystem support for Bare Metal and Linux
· Command line tool and scripting language support
Please note that Parallels Server for Linux currently supports only 3 distributions:
· RHEL 5.x
· CentOS 5.x
· Ubuntu 7.10.
· 30-day trial