Partition Logic is a standalone partitioning tool for PC-compatible computers.
Version: 0.7 PrePartition Logic is a free hard disk partitioning and data management tool. It can create, delete, format, and move partitions and modify their attributes. It can copy entire hard disks from one to another.
Operating System: Linux
Partition Logic is free software, based on the Visopsys operating system. It boots from a CD or floppy disk and runs as a standalone system, independent of your regular operating system.
Partition Logic is intended to become a free alternative to such commercial programs as Partition Magic, Drive Image, and Norton Ghost...
Partition logic supports most of the basic PC hardware without any additional work or configuration. It has very modest (by today's standards) requirements:
· Pentium-class x86 processor
· 32 megabytes RAM memory (16 megabytes in text mode)
· IDE (ATA) hard disks for partitioning.
· IDE (ATAPI) CD-ROM drive, if booting from the CD version.
· Standard PC floppy disk, if booting from the floppy disk version.
· For graphics mode, a VESA 2-compatible graphics card with linear framebuffer support.
· PS/2-style mouse, in graphics mode
Partition logic does not currently support the following:
· Partitioning of SCSI hard disks
· Non MS-DOS/MBR-style partition tables (i.e. Sun, BSD, EFI/GPT)
· Formatting non-FAT filesystems.
· Filesystem resizing.
· Serial mice, in graphics mode
· Keyboard layouts other than UK English and US English
What's New in This Release:
· This preview release offers an updated look and a number of new features, including 64-bit disk support, UDF (DVD) filesystem support, and GPT partition table support.
· The ATA/IDE driver has been enhanced, including the ability to better support backwards-compatible SATA controllers.
· New keyboard mappings for French, Belgian, and Spanish have been added, and a number of tweaks and bugfixes are also included.