Passwd is the Horde password changing application.
Version: 3.0Passwd is the Horde password changing application. While it has been released and is in production use at many sites, it is also under heavy development in an effort to expand and improve the module.
Operating System: Linux
Right now, Passwd provides fairly complete support for changing passwords via Poppassd, LDAP, Unix expect scripts, the Unix smbpasswd command for SMB/CIFS passwords, Kolab, ADSI, Pine, Serv-U FTP, VMailMgr, vpopmail, and SQL passwords.
Passwd is part of a suite of account management modules for Horde consisting of Accounts, Forwards, Passwd, and Vacation.
Collectively these modules now comprise what is known as sork.
What's New in This Release:
· This version is compatible with Horde 3.
· A new composite driver has been added, as well as Kolab, Pine, proc_open(), Samba, LDAP, and Windows drivers.
· Additional password policy checks have been added.
· TLS and SSL support and support for shadowLastChange and shadowMin attributes have been added to the LDAP driver.
· Bind variables are used now in the SQL drivers.
· The expect script has been extended to allow setups with passwd as the login shell. Catalan, Persian, and Slovak translations have been added.
· The documentation has been updated.
· More configuration options are available.