Freeware application that converts iPod / PSP movies (MP4, M4V and MP4V) to AVI or MPG. That files can be played with any video player.
Version: 1.13Free MP4 to AVI Converter is the freeware application which converts MP4, M4V and MP4V files to AVI or MPG (MPEG-1, MPEG-2).
Operating System: Windows
MP4 files are commonly used by video sites (YouTube), portable players (iPod, PSP), mobile phones (iPhone) and other devices.
Unfortunately, many players and video editing software does not support the MP4 format. In this case, it is necessary to convert MP4 file to more popular format such as AVI or MPG.
The program has a number of predefined settings (profiles) specially designed for novice users.
While more advanced users can customize video and audio encoding parameters used by encoder: audio and video codec, audio and video bitrate, fps, sampling frequency, resolution, volume and other.
The application interface is a very simple and user-friendly. To convert video files, just drag & drop them into main window and click the CONVERT button.
The most important features:
- Converting from MP4, M4V and MP4V to AVI or MPG.
- Limited support for other video formats (including AVI, MKV, WMV, MP4, FLV, MTS, OGM, AMV).
- Supported video encoders: H.264 (x264), XviD, DivX 3, WMV, MPEG4-FFmpeg, S-Mpeg 4 v. 2, Motion JPEG (MJPEG), HuffYUV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2.
- Supported audio encoders: MP3 (Lame), MP2, AC3, AAC, WMA, PCM-16 bit.
- Support for multithreaded encoding using the H.264 (x264) encoder.
- The ability to deinterlace video.
- Possibility of 2-pass encoding, which will increase the image quality and reduces the volume of output file.
- The program is portable: it does not use system registry and all settings are stored in INI file. 100%
- freeware! - for private and commercial use. The program does not require registration, there is no built-in limitations, does not add to the generated files 'watermarks', etc.
Version 1.13: New conversion engine (FFmpeg) and multimedia information library (MediaInfo). Restored compatibility with Windows XP. Small changes in the program interface. Bug fixes and enhancements.