Perlbot is an IRC bot written in Perl.
Version: 1.4.2Perlbot is an IRC bot written in Perl. It depends on Net::IRC and its goals are simplicity and modularity.
Operating System: Linux
This is a modular bot. All functionality is provided by Plugins which use a standard, simple API. The two most common levels of functionality are encompassed by the "Core" and "Basic" sets of plugins. Click here for more information on Perlbot plugins.
A growing suite of integrated web services is also a feature that sets Perlbot apart. With integrated browsing and searching of channel logs via the web and XML web-published bot statistics, Perlbot makes lots of information readily available.
· Net::IRC (http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/by-module/Net/)
· Make sure you check back there periodically for new versions. This package is still sort of in development, and we're not afraid to make use of features in the newest version. Bugfixes here are important too.
· Net::ICQ 0.70 appears to be buggy, so stick with 0.63 for now.
· Plugins may have their own requirements, and we trust plugin authors to put that in their documentation.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed a bug that wouldn't id a user who had multiple identical hostmasks