Pete's Blackjack project is a fun blackjack Java card game.
Version: 1.2Pete's Blackjack project is a fun blackjack Java card game.
Operating System: Linux
Pete's Blackjack is a simple, fun game of blackjack, just like the real thing. One player plays against the dealer.
All function are available: splitting, insurance, doubledown, etc. The computer deals from one deck of virtual cards at a time.
It's great for killing time while waiting for downloads or talking on the phone.
· Sun® Javatm 2 Platform, version 1.4.2 (or higher)
· A browser that is java enabled.
· Linux, or any other major operating system.
· Sun® Javatm 2 Platform, SDK, version 1.4.2 (or higher) (run game with appletviewer)
What's New in This Release:
· When the dealer has an ace showing and the player has black jack, insurance is offered.
· Then, if the player and dealer both have blackjack, and the player has insurance; the player gets paid a push and insurance.
· If the player gets two aces, the inital total shown is 12 not 22.
· The overall layout is changed from a GridLayout to a BoxLayout. Empty space is eliminated.
· The Layout is changed in several other minor ways.
· There is now a counter for how many hands have been played.
· Options menu added with the following options.
· 1. Player Blackjack pays 1.5 or 2 times the bet.
· 2. The initial pot and subsequent pots can be set to $100, $500 or $1000.
· 3. Whether the dealer must hit a soft seventeen can be toggled.