PHP Prayer Board is software that collects, organizes, and displays requests for prayer.
Version: 0.6.0 / 0.8.0 BetaPHP Prayer Board is software that collects, organizes, and displays requests for prayer. PHP Prayer Board is basically a bulletin board with a specific purpose: prayer requests. Users access it through their web browsers. An administrator sets is up on a web server, typically an intranet (or LAN) web server. PHP Prayer Board is good for internal use in Christian offices and organizations. The requests for prayer can also be published for public use.
Operating System: Linux
First, ensure you have met the requirements (web server, PHP 4, database).
Next, download PHP Prayer Board, unpack the files and copy them onto your server's. A common location is /prayerb (e.g., brolewis.org/prayerb)
Modify 'Include/pb_config.php' to specify the correct hostname, username, and password for your database. Those variables are:
$cfg['mysql_host'] - host name (localhost will work for most setups)
$cfg['mysql_user'] - user name for accessing the database
$cfg['mysql_password'] - password for accessing the database
$cfg['mysql_database'] - the name of the database to access
If you are installing multiple copies of PHP Prayer Board, you will need to create a new value for $cfg['mysql_prefix'] for each install
If you are wishing to customize PHP Prayer Board by inserting the code into a pre-designed site, set $bConfig to true and follow the instructions in the 'Customization' link to the left
That should be all you have to do. To test your configuration, try connecting using your web browser.
All other variables are handled by the new Administrator Interface. If you are using a User Name system, this can be accessed by loggin into your site and clicking on the 'Admin Interface' link. Otherwise you will need to access the page by going directly to /pb_admin.php
If you need help beyond this file, please visit the forums by following the link to the left.
What's New in 0.6.0 Stable Release:
· Added User Name login system
· Added prayer counter
· Username-based login method
· Ability to view Inactive Requests
· Email List for updates to site
· Email verification system
· Improved XML output
· Reformatted CSS
· Reformatted posting method
· Improved Printer-Friendly Layout
- * This program has accepted a new admin at this release and
· changes, and bugfixes are merely a sampling of the changes.
What's New in 0.8.0 Beta Development Release:
· Preliminary support for database prefixes
· IP Address Authentication (partial addresses acceptable)
· Paginated main list (active and inactive)
· Modularized site (can be inserted using )
· Admin interface
· User Management System
· User Levels (for Authenticated Login Types)
· Updated CSS to remove unused classes
· Allows for a secure server connection now
· Sifted Pagination and Links in pb_list to functions
· Updated stylesheet
· Fixed a bug in pb_xml that prevented database access
· Fixed Prayer Count bug
· Hid the Logout link on non-authenticated systems
· fixed uninit bug in pb_email.php
· fixed uninit bug in pb_verify.php
· Added gettext to pb_login.php
· Fixed bug where errors were not appearing in pb_email.php