A set of PHP Scripts that display a photo album with images stored in regular folders.
Version: 2.2.0phpMyPhotoGallery is a set of PHP Scripts that display a photo album with images stored in regular folders. The gallery does not require any database or special file-storage methods and the photos can be uploaded in any way you feel comfortable. The thumbnails are automatically created on their first request by a visitor and then cached for subsequent calls.
Operating System: Linux
- To install phpMyPhotoGallery follow these steps.
- Download the latest version of phpMyPhotoGallery to your computer
- Decompress the file into a local directory. You can use a product like WinZip to decompress it.
- Edit the "config.php" file to fit your requirements. The only piece that really needs to be changed is the "username" and "password" variables.
- Change the permissions on all of the photo folders to allow the web server to write to them. You should grant recursive permissions on the following folders (assuming you haven't changed them in the config.php file.
./albums (* optional, but you should probably change this too to support future enhancements)
- Test it out by viewing your browser. You should see the template and any images that exist in the "photos" folder (default ./albums)