phpRPG is a Web-based multiplayer fantasy RPG.
Version: 0.8.0phpRPG project is a Web-based multiplayer fantasy RPG.
Operating System: Linux
phpRPG is a multiplayer fantasy role-playing game driven by PHP and MySQL, with aims to develop a Web-based game engine which shares common qualities between multiple user dungeons (MUDs), paper & pen RPGs, and computer RPGs.
What's New in This Release:
· With this release, the code was reviewed and tidied up to comply with the coding standards, the need for cookies was eliminated
· all of the images were changed to .png or .jpg format
· the dynamic hexagonal grid image is now replaced by image tiles
· an event processor was implemented
· the map editor was advanced and database structures reorganised
· the chat system was improved (but emotions are disabled for the moment)
· there are new items-related functions such as take, drop, identify, and equip
· there is now a rough but functional and playable combat system.