Physics - Projects useful with a calculus-based physics course
Version: 2.1Some years ago I created many SuperCard Player projects with text, graphics, and animations for teaching a one-year calculus-based general physics course at Saint Louis University. The projects were designed to accompany lectures, so they are not complete tutorials. Still they should be useful to students. They are very easy to use.
Operating System: Mac OS X
You can set your own pace considering that the new text entry or graphic appears when you click the mouse button.
You do not need to own SuperCard. These are freeware projects which only run on a Mac under OS X. They have been updated using SuperCard 4.5.2.
The included SuperCard Player Installer installs SuperCard 4.6 Player, which is a Universal application. So Physics now can be played on either PowerPC or Intel equipped Macs.
What is included in the download?
1. "Read me! Physics" and "Read me! SolveLinEqs".
2. "SuperCard Player Installer". Run this to install the "SuperCard 4.5.2 Player" folder.
3. "PICS folder". Put this in the "SuperCard® 4.5.2 Player" folder.
4. Semester I folder. There are 34 SuperCard projects covering the first semester. The number before each name is its order in a course using Halliday and Resnick. Just double click a project to run it. The first card explains what to do.
5. Semester II folder. There are 33 SuperCard projects covering the second semester.
6. Semester I list. A list of the project names for Semester I.
7. Semester II list. A list of the project names for Semester II.
8. "SolveLinEqs" application.