Picnic will create shared folders of files which are automatically synced between all user's accounts using Bonjour
Version: 1.0.3Picnic is a Mac utility designed to run on two or more Macs on a common local area network (LAN/WLAN).
Operating System: Mac OS X
Picnic offers the ability to create shared folders of files which are automatically synced between all user's accounts using Bonjour.
As such, Picnic offers an alternative to file server based shared folders or network drives.
Here are some key features of "Picnic":
· No file server needed to setup, administer and maintain
· No backup (server) needed as content of a shared folder is synced to several computer hard drives where they can be recovered easily (when needed).
· Mobile or offline users automatically have access to the shared folders without being on the network
· Mobile or offline users can modify files. Those changes are synced back to the other Picknic users as soon as a local network connection is re-established.
· Coarse grained support for permissions. Apart from access control to the whole shared folder (all or nothing access). Picnic is meant for collaborating groups with little need for fine grained access control.
· New shared folders can be created and published within seconds