PicoLibre project is a simple platform for hosting development projects.
Version: 0.9.16PicoLibre project is a simple platform for hosting development projects.
Operating System: Linux
The aim of the PicoLibre project is to develop a collaborative platform for developing software that is easy to use and to learn, and so is best suited for an educational context.
PicoLibre groups several high level applications like phpGroupware, Sympa, and CVS.
Here are some key features of "PicoLibre":
· a communication space for members of a project team (mailing-lists mainly)
· a document sharing space through CVS (so more oriented to software development).
What's New in This Release:
· phpGroupware 0.9.16 compliant code : should be deployable on current phpGroupware stable version (last version required absolete unmaintained phpGorupware version).
· as a consequence, Picolibre may be working over postgreSQL in addition to MySQL? (default, and only RDBMS we used for tests actuall)
· major rewrite of many of picolibre's phpgroupware modules/applications :
· better adherence to phpGroupware coding standards
· object-oriented refactorisation : separation of code in order to adhere to MVC scheme
· better security
· enhanced maintainability
· production of Debian packages (recommanded distribution) :
· phpgroupware-picoforge : phpGroupware applications
· picolibre-backend : contains everything needed on the file-system side for CVS's jail (LDAP, SSH, chroot, etc.), and sympa
· minor functional improvements