Automatic synch between your Apple Address Book and you Plaxo Universal Address Book
Version: 1.0Plaxo keeps people connected by solving the common and frustrating problem of out-of-date contact information.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Founded in July 2001, Plaxo provides a free service that securely updates and maintains the information in your address book. Plaxo is the universal digital assistant; available to you wherever and whenever you need it to keep you organized, on top of your life and in touch with those you care about.
Here are some key features of "Plaxo":
· Address Book Sync – Outlook, Outlook Express, Yahoo!, Thunderbird, and Mac can now all connect to Plaxo. You can run Plaxo in as many programs and on as many computers as you want and we'll keep your contacts consistent and up-to-date.
· More contact info – we provide additional fields in your address book, including Skype IDs, Card Messages, and pictures.
· Automatic contact updates – when your friends update their contact information through Plaxo, you'll automatically get it in your Mac OS X Address Book.
· Seamless integration with OS X Address Book – We're right inside Mac OS X Address Book so you don't need to learn anything new to get all these great features.
What's New in This Release:
· 1.0 GM version
· Updates from last beta version include:
· Enabled access to Plaxo 'My Card' Permissions giving better visibility to this information
· Fixed a couple significant memory leaks and tightened up overall memory usage
· Added additional contact card actions to Plaxo Info tab
· Added alerts in Plaxo panel if a contact's data is set up in a way that will cause sync problems.
· Enhanced the drawing of contact's History tab.
· Omitting a group from sync will now give you the option to also remove the contact from Plaxo Online (if present there)
· Added descriptive warning when Resetting Sync Info
· Improved Address Book data handling
· Added sync support for Address Book's flag that indicates a contact is a company rather than a individual
· Added optional 'Advanced' setup option during setup to allow for greater control of the initial sync
· Fixed problem where a multi-line street address could lose the second or third line of information
· Modified Name list drawing code which should correct sporadic problem of drawing a name in the reverse order than expected.
· Plaxo menus will bring up setup wizard if account info entries contain blank entries
· Improved handling of malformed UTF8 sequences
· Plaxo panel reduces to a much smaller tab in its minimized state to stay out of the way when desired.
· Uninstaller is now placed in /Applications/Plaxo folder for easier access should the need arise.