PonyProg is a serial device programmer with a user friendly GUI framework available for Intel Linux and Windows.
Version: 2.07cPonyProg is a serial device programmer with a user friendly GUI framework available for Intel Linux and Windows. PonyProg's purpose is being able to read from and write to most serial devices.
Operating System: Linux
At the moment it supports I²C Bus, Microwire, SPI eeprom, the Atmel AVR, and Microchip PIC micro. Hardware programmer (SI-Prog) schematics are included.
Here are some key features of "PonyProg":
· Support 24C01, 24C02, 24C04, 24C08, 24C16 I²C Bus EEPROM
· Support 24C32, 24C64, 24C65, 24C128, 24C256, 24C512 I²C Bus EEPROM
· Auto detect 24XX EEPROM capacity
· Support 24C325 and 24C645 I²C Bus EEPROM
· Support Siemens SDE2516, SDE2526, SDA2546, SDA2586, SDA3546, SDA3586 EEPROM (as 24XX Auto)
· Support AT17C65, AT17C128, AT17C256, AT17C512, AT17C010 I²C Bus EEPROM
· Support Siemens SDE2506 EEPROM
· Detect the bank roll over capability of some old 24XX EEPROM
· Support AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT90S2343, AT90S4414, AT90S4434, AT90S8515, AT90S8535 Flash micro
· Support AT90S2323, AT90S2343, AT90S2333, AT90S4433, AT90S4434, AT90S8535, AT90S8534
· Auto detect AVR microcontroller type
· Support the AVR microcontroller ATmega103, ATmega161, ATmega163, ATmega 323, ATmega128, ATmega8
· Support the AVR microcontroller ATmega16, ATmega64 (untested)
· Support the AVR microcontroller ATmega32, ATmega162, ATmega 169, ATmega8515, ATmega8535 (untested)
· Support the AVR ATtiny microcontroller ATtiny12, ATtiny15, ATtiny2313
· Read ATtiny12 and ATtiny15 Oscillator Calibration Byte
· Write lock bits to protect the AVR micro from reading
· Write both the Flash and EEPROM memory of the AVR micro at once
· Support the AT89S8252 and AT89S53 micro
· Support 93C06, 93C46, 93C56, 93C57, 93C66, 93C76, 93C86 Microwire EEPROM (C and LC series, the CS serie is not supported yet)
· Support 93C13 (as a 93C06) and 93C14 (as a 93C46) Microwire EEPROM
· Access microwire eeproms in either 8 and 16 bit organization
· Improved support PIC 16C84/16F84 micro
· Support PIC 16F873/874/876/877 and PIC 16F84A micro
· Support PIC 16F873A/874A/876A/877A and PIC 16F627/628 micro (untested)
· Support PIC 12C508/509 micro
· Support PIC 12C671/672 micro (untested)
· Support 25010, 25020, 25040 SPI EEPROM
· Support 25080, 25160, 25320, 25640, 25128, 25256 Big SPI EEPROM
· Support 25642 and 95640 Big SPI EEPROM
· Support NVM3060 eeprom
· Support MDA2061/MDA2062 eeprom
· Support X2444/X2445 eeprom
· Support S24H30 (untested)
· Read/Write Intel hex format file as well as raw binary file
· Read/Write Motorola S-record format file
· Read/Write CSM format file
· Features a custom E²P format file to store the EEPROM characteristics, an editable comment and memory content all together with CRC
· Enhanced buffer edit, text and hexadecimal
· Work with Windows95/98/ME and WindowsNT/2000/XP and Linux*
· Reload file button
· Fill buffer command
· Security bits editing for AVR, AT89S and PIC
· Serial number programming
· Script files for batch programming
· Improved speed with WinNT/2000/XP with a driver for direct I/O.
What's New in This Release:
· Lock dir and ttyS device name are parameterized.
· An annoying bug in the check boxes of setup dialog is fixed.
· An automatic read of security bits is added just after the dialog opens and there are no previous settings.
· The Clear All and Set All buttons are removed, because they created confusion and modified disabled bits.
· ULTRASLOW speed is added to the INI file bus speed parameter, which is useful to access AVR devices clocked at low frequencies (e.g. 32KHz).
· AVR ATmega2560 and ATmega2561 support is added.