pr3287 is an emulator for an IBM 3287 printer, running over a telnet session.
Version: 3.3.6pr3287 is an emulator for an IBM 3287 printer, running over a telnet session.
Operating System: Linux
x3270 is an IBM 3270 terminal emulator for the X Window System and Windows. The project runs on most Unix-like operating systems -- e.g., Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris and Cygwin. It also runs natively on Windows.
x3270 runs over a TELNET connection, emulating either an IBM 3279 (color) or 3278 (monochrome). It supports:
· The full TN3270E protocol
· SSL/TLS (via the OpenSSL library) for encrypted sessions
· APL2 characters
· Non-English character sets, including Russian, Turkish, Hebrew and DBCS Chinese and Japanese
· IND$FILE file transfer
· NVT mode (emulating a color xterm)
· A pop-up keypad for 3270-specific keys
· A scrollbar
· Printer session integration
· Extensive debugging and scripting facilities
It does not yet support graphics. x3270 is distributed as source code, and can be used for free.
· x3270 is available in several different forms:
· x3270 is for use on an X graphics display
· c3270 is a curses-based version for use on a dumb terminal (e.g., a serial terminal or a Linux console)
· wc3270 is the Windows console version of c3270
· s3270 is a displayless version for writing screen-scraping scripts
· tcl3270 is similar to s3270, but integrated with Tcl
· pr3287 is for printer emulation
· wpr3287 is the native Windows version of pr3287
Also available is x026, an IBM 026 Keypunch emulator.