Print Center Repair - Fix printing problems
Version: 3.0.3Print Center Repair is designed to rectify situations where Print Center will not open, printers cannot be added, and numerous other errors.
License: Free To Try $14.95
Operating System: Mac OS X
Although Print Center Repair cannot fix every printing problem, it is capable of resolving most of the common ones.
Print Center Repair can also be used to delete unwanted printer drivers, remove the build up of spool files, and recreate the /tmp symbolic link.
Here are some key features of "Print Center Repair":
· Verify the root user
· Verify and recreate the daemon user
· Verify and repair Print Center file permissions
· Verify and repair the /System/Library/Printers directory permissions
· Reset Print Center
· Verify and repair the /private/var/spool directory
· Delete CUPS spool files
· Verify and repair the /private/tmp directory
· Verify and repair the CUPS directories
· Verify the status of the cupsd process
· View and modify the hostconfig file
· Delete hidden temporary files
· Delete Print Center preferences
· Delete custom preset preferences
· Delete the pre-installed drivers
· Install PPD files.
What's New in This Release:
· Added Adobe Acrobat 6 support to the Reset Print Center option.
· Fixed a bug that prevented the creation of the log file if the /Users//Library/Logs directory did not exist. The directory is now created if it is missing.
· Fixed a bug that may have caused Print Center Repair to report that it was being used with the wrong OS version.
· Fixed a bug with PPD installations for Classic mode that prevented the PPD file from being used.
· Fixed a bug with the activity log that produced an error if a PPD file name contained high bit ASCII characters.
· Fixed a bug that may have caused one of the startup checks to falsely report problems with the sudo command.
· Localized file lists are now loaded only if localized files are going to be checked.
· Improved the handling of files that may have been deleted with the Reset Print Center option and are reported as missing.