Programmer's Tool allows you to launch applications with user-defined shortcuts, set a shortcut to bring an app to the foreground, use shortcuts to copy text to your clipboard, or send text to open apps.
Version: 1.3.2Programmer's Tool is a utility to run common tasks using global hotkeys. It stays in the notification area (commonly referred to as the system tray) of Windows desktop.
Operating System: Windows
For example, when working on Notepad, you can hit the Shortcut key Ctrl + Shift + N. If the Notepad window is already open, it is activated (brought to the front).
If it is not open, you are prompted to open it. You can use different shortcuts to Activate or Launch different applications in a similar fashion. The following are the complete list of features.
List of Features:
- Shortcut keys: Set global hotkeys for various actions.
- Quick Launch Menu: Create a custom menu (which can be opened using a global hotkey).
- Notifications: Display a Tray notification message at a given date and time.
- Shortcut keys
You can set Shortcut keys for the following actions:a. Launch Application: This can be used to launch an application using the given Shortcut key.b.
Activate or Launch Application: This can be used to activate an application if it is open or, if the application is not open, prompt the user to launch it. c.
Clipboard Commands: Shortcut keys can be set to 1. copy a given text to Clipboard 2. copy the current date to Clipboard or 3. remove formatting from the Clipboard text and send a "Ctrl + V" (paste) key combination to the active application to paste the unformatted text.d. Send keys: Shortcut keys can be set to send text to an open application.
2. Quick Launch Menu You can create a custom menu which can be opened using a global hotkey. You can add any application or file to this menu which can then be accessed quickly.
For example, with the default settings, hitting Ctrl + Shift + F7 followed by C, C opens Calculator.
3. Notifications Notifications are used to display a Tray notification message at a given date and time.