ProShield is a security program for Debian Linux.
Version: 3.8.14ProShield is a security program for Debian Linux. Regular use is recommended.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "ProShield":
· Helps you backup your system weekly.
· Checks for extra root accounts.
· Checks account & password files for correct permissions.
· Makes sure a few security-hazardous packages are not installed.
· Checks for a packet sniffer.
· Removes unneeded packages from the local package archive.
· Checks for new software releases, in order to see if installed software is reasonably up to date. Smart-suggestion to upgrade if an important package is released.
· Checks to see if 'apt' is fetching unnecessary information when checking for software updates.
· Makes sure system time is accurate.
· Checks to make sure the user isn't logged into the system (GUI) as root.
· Checks the configuration of the ssh server ([sshd] if installed) for insecure settings.
· At runtime, ProShield will also check to see if there has been a new version released, and can download and install it at the user's preference.
What's New in This Release:
· A slight improvement was made to the packet sniffer scan, so it shouldn't complain about DHCP daemons.