Psychomancer - text-based adventure/RPG game
Version: 1.06Psychomancer is a text-based adventure/RPG game.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Welcome to Torenheim, the latest of a plethoria of fantasy realms. Magic, known as the Essence, runs as freely as air and water in this world. Warlocks and wytches have dedicated their studies to mastering and controlling the Essence. Psychomancer features Myrlandria, an initiate wytch.
Psychomancer is an adventure/RPG game, somewhat in the same flavor as Sierra On-line's Quest for Glory games. In it's current incarnation, it is a text based game, fused with the air of nostalgia of the parser games from 20 years ago.
Select one of the four magical disciplines (Sorcery, Elementalism, Psychomancy, Spirit) to help your sorceress, Myrlandria, escape from the Angwyn Cult temple. Puzzles will result in different solutions, depending on which discipline you decide to follow.
This is just a small sample of what the real game will be like, except the final product will be a full fledged game with graphics, sound, and Sacred Kewpie Dolls. The full version of Psychomancer will be done when it is done, which might take until year 2010.
What's New in This Release:
· Input text is no longer case sensitive.
· Additional text and descriptions were added.
· Spells can be viewed by typing SPELLS in any room.
· Linux, Digital UNIX, Mac OS X, and Windows versions have been made available, in addition to the version for Mac OS 8 and 9.
· Saving no longer is functional in version 1.06. The Save Feature will be fully implemented in Version 1.1. If you have older save games (Versions 1.00 - 1.05), you can use them to restore old games. The save feature was removed since it is not fully complete and has been removed until a future release of Psychomancer.