Player vs. Player Gaming Network is a bnetd-based gaming network server emulation project.
Version: 1.7.9PvPGN (Player vs Player Gaming Network) is free software that emulates a Blizzard Battle.net server. PvPGN project currently supports all Battle.net games, such as StarCraft, Diablo II, and Warcraft III, and gives you the power to run your own server, manage your own users, run your own tournaments, etc.
Operating System: Linux
Some common uses of a PvPGN server:
· When wanting to have a small community with local users and small ladders (lots of internet cafes do that)
· For people who want to play on a LAN but with Battle.net-like statistics
· For people who find Battle.net too slow or laggy and want to play on a local server with no lag
It puts you as a "System Administrator" in control. Use a PvPGN server to host your own LAN parties or put the server online and on the internet for everyone. You can run tournaments, have your own local competition ladders. The power is in your hands.
What's New in This Release:
· added pid files to the confs
· fixed a bug where server could not be (un)installed as a win32 service
· added check and modified the default motd to not have a too big motd that was crashing the clients just after character selection
· added SC/BW 1.13c entries
· added SC/BW 1.13d entries
· added SC/BW 1.13e entries
· added W3 1.20a entries
· reorganized optimized and made more safe the existent codes
· added a new sql layout called "sql2" in config
· fixed security issue where an op of a channel was able to set the topic of any other channel
· added more information to "/finger" display (if issued by an admin)
· added a new command, "/tos" to display the Terms Of Service on request