PwManager is a secure password manager.
Version: 1.2.4PwManager is a secure password manager.
Operating System: Linux
With PwManager you can easily manage your passwords. PwManager saves your passwords blowfish-encrypted in one file, so you have to remember only one master-password instead of all. Instead of the master-password you can use a chipcard, so you don't have to remember a password to access the list.
Here are some key features of "PwManager":
· Manage passwords the convenient way with the support of password categories, five information columns and an additional comment field.
· Locking mechanism to prevent strangers from looking at your passwords while you are away and not using PwManager.
· Deep-Locking mechanism to encrypt all security critical data, write it to disk and delete it in memory. This enables you to enjoy maximum security with almost no loss of useability.
· The integrated KWallet emulation enables all applications on your KDE Desktop to access the PwManager database in an easy, flexible and secure way.
· A fairly good seaching and sorting mechanism to find entries very fast.
· Chipcard (smartcard) interface. With the chipcard you can replace the "master-password" to easily access all your passwords with a "key-card".
· Printing support to easily print out a complete list of all your passwords.
· System-Tray (kicker) icon to enable the user to access PwManager very fast.
· GPasman and KPasman interface to import and export your data to and from these file formats.
· KDE 3.1 libraries
· At least the KDE-3.1 libraries are required to run PwManager. If you want to use all new features (such as KWallet support), you have to install KDE-3.2.
· libbzip2 is required for the file-compression feature.
· zlib is required for the file-compression feature, too. Many software-packages depend on it so it's likely that it's already installed on your system. Even if it's installed, you may have to install the development packages.
What's New in This Release:
· fix crashes caused by stack corruption on document saving.