Spartan-style ICQ clone written in Python
Version: 0.0.2Spartan-style ICQ clone written in Python.
Operating System: Linux
unpack the source code into directory you want py-icq to be stored in.
cd YOUR_DIR; gunzip -c py-icq-(release_num).tar.gz | tar xfv -
sudo make install
what actually happens is tiny shell script created in your bin catalog, that calls python interpreter with ./src/main.py as aparameter.
at this point, your shell may want you to rehash search paths and hopefully you can run the client.
Here are some key features of "py icq":
· free, under BSD-style license
· runs on any platform with Python installed (*NIX, Mac, Win32, others)
· able to support different GUI fron-ends
· uses AIM Oscar protocol
What's New in This Release:
· path hook added to give an ability to run
· normally from any place
· socket errors exceptions handling
· ugly install added
· tkinter GUI changes:
· password prompt when starting
· buddy status in the contact list
· offgoing/ongoing buddy handlinG