PyCAGE fairly generic and complete cellular automata simulation engine.
Version: 1.1.4PyCAGE fairly generic and complete cellular automata simulation engine.
Operating System: Linux
It's written in Python and it supports both 1D and 2D automata, a variety of prepackaged rules, and the concept of "agents" which can move about independently on the map for implementing agent behavior.
It comes with numerous examples of fully-functional CA systems, including Conway's Game of Life, Langton's self-reproducing automaton, Langton's "vants," and 1D automata rule explorers.
It also comes with simple displayers (including a curses interface for 2D automata) and a unique implementation of a finite state machine.
Here are some key features of "PyCAGE":
· time is measured in discrete steps, called time units;
· a network of cells, each of which with a well-defined state at each time unit;
· at each time unit, each cell has a series of other cells which constitutes its neighorhood;
· the state each of cell changes according to a state transition function which depends on the state of that cell and the states of the cells of its neighbors;
· in synchronous automata (the typical usage), all cell transitions take place simultaneously.
What's New in This Release:
· Minor organizational changes; add stepping stone automaton.