Pygtk MVC is a thin, multiplatform framework that helps to design and develop GUI applications based on the PyGTK toolkit.
Version: 1.2.1Pygtk MVC is a thin, multiplatform framework that helps to design and develop GUI applications based on the PyGTK toolkit.
Operating System: Linux
This software is 100% free and released under the LGPL license.
Here are some key features of "Pygtk MVC":
· Essential and small, it does only what it was designed for.
· Not an external dependency for your application: it fits in 80KB and can be released along with it.
· Easy to understand and to use; fully documented.
· Portable: straightly runs under many platforms.
Pygtk MVC is a fully Python-based implementation of the Model-View-Controller (MVC) and Observer patterns for the PyGTK2 toolkit.
MVC is a pattern that can be successfully used to design and develop well structured GUI applications. The MVC pattern basically helps in separating semantics and data of the application, from their representation.
The Observer pattern helps to weaken dependencies among parts that should be separated, but need to be connected each other.
Pygtk MVC provides a powerful and still simple infrastructure to help designing and implement GUI applications based on the MVC and Observer patterns.
What's New in This Release:
· Simply fixes a minor typo that was found in 1.2.0. Thanks to Roman Dobosz for reporting.