PyPanel is a panel/taskbar for X11 window managers.
Version: 2.2PyPanel is a lightweight panel/taskbar written in Python and C for X11 window managers. It can be easily customized to match any desktop theme or taste.
Operating System: Linux
PyPanel works with WindowMaker and EWMH compliant WMs (Kahakai, Openbox, PekWM, FVWM, etc). PyPanel is distributed under the GNU General Public License v2.
Here are some key features of "PyPanel":
· Transparency with shading/tinting
· Panel dimensions, location and layout
· Font type and colors with Xft support
· Button events/actions
· Clock and workspace name display
· System Tray (Notification Area)
· Python 2.2 or later
· Python X Library 0.12 or later
· Imlib2 1.1.1 or later
What's New in This Release:
· Now reading config from /etc/pypanelrc first if it exists
· New option to show only minimized/iconified apps (SHOWMINIMIZED)
· New option to show a border around the panel (SHOWBORDER)
· New option to set the minimized panel size (HIDDEN_SIZE)
· Added a panelButtonEvent() function to handle button events on an empty panel
· Removed legacy WindowMaker support, it's now EWMH capable
· Fixed setup.py to gather correct compile/link arguments
· Added a workaround for failing image loaders in Imlib2 v1.2.0 and up