QEmacs (for Quick Emacs) is a very small but powerful UNIX editor.
Version: 0.3.1QEmacs (for Quick Emacs) is a very small but powerful UNIX editor.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "QEmacs":
· Full screen editor with an Emacs look and feel with all Emacs common features: multi-buffer, multi-window, command mode, universal argument, keyboard macros, config file with C like syntax, minibuffer with completion and history.
· Can edit files of hundreds of Megabytes without being slow by using a highly optimized internal representation and by mmaping the file.
· Full UTF8 support, including bidirectional editing respecting the Unicode bidi algorithm. Arabic and Indic scripts handling (in progress).
· WYSIWYG HTML/XML/CSS2 mode graphical editing. Also supports lynx like rendering on VT100 terminals.
· WYSIWYG DocBook mode based on XML/CSS2 renderer.
· C mode: coloring with immediate update. Emacs like auto-indent.
· Shell mode: colorized VT100 emulation so that your shell work exactly as you expect. Compile mode with next/prev error.
· Input methods for most languages, including Chinese (input methods come from the Yudit editor).
· Hexadecimal editing mode with insertion and block commands. Unicode hexa editing of UTF8 files also supported.
· Works on any VT100 terminals without termcap. UTF8 VT100 support included with double width glyphs.
· X11 support. Support multiple proportionnal fonts at the same time (as XEmacs). X Input methods supported. Xft extension supported for anti aliased font display.
· Small! Full version (including HTML/XML/CSS2/DocBook rendering): 150KB big. Basic version (without bidir/unicode scripts/input/X11/C/Shell/HTML/dired): 49KB.
What's New in This Release:
· SPACE in minibuffer does completion only if a completion method is defined.
· better C-x k support (initial patch by Manuel Novoa III)
· added set-tab-width, set-indent-width and set-indent-tabs-mode
· probe mode for new file (patch by Manuel Novoa III)
· force blocking mode for tty (patch by Manuel Novoa III)
· improved image mode (full alpha channel support, full conversion, use improved FFmpeg image conversion routines).
· video mode can change audio and video chanels.