QuadEquations facilitates the teaching and learning of quadratic equations
Version: 3.0QuadEquations facilitates the teaching and learning of quadratic equations.
License: Free To Try $14.99
Operating System: Mac OS X
This program covers the teaching and learning of quadratic equations.
Level: Secondary Two and above (Age: 13 years onwards)
Teaches the solution of quadratic equations by factorisation, by completing the squares and by formula. Special cases of equations involving perfect squares and difference of two squares, using special formulas are also included. It also shows how the formula is derived by using the completing the squares method. Emphasis is given to solution by factors which is important at this level.
QuadEquations is capable of generating thousands of quadratic equations for drills to ensure that the student masters the skills in solving quadratic equations. The student can select to be provided with equations which can be solved by a method or level of difficulty he likes. Three levels of difficulty are available: easy, average and challenging.
To be sure that the student solved the equations in a correct manner the program can also guide him through the entire process.
Here are some key features of "QuadEquations":
· up to 200 different sums per session
· solutions by factorisation, completing the squares and formula
· choice of 3 levels of difficulty (easy, average & challenging) and sums to be solved by formula
· G3, G4 & G5 (Runs on Intel Macs under Rosetta)
· 5.4MB HD space
· 26MB RAM
· Screen resolution 800 x 600 at 16 bits or better
· You will not be able to get all the types of sums available because of the time limit.
· Trial period ends after 30 sessions.